Saturday, February 4, 2012

Jacob's First School Experience

Jacob's first two weeks at school has been quite good. I was worried the first day that I dropped him off for a full morning. I was hoping I wouldn't get a call or would find him all teary-eyed. When I went to pick him up, he told me I came too late to pick him up but he had no tears. By the end of the week, he was telling me I came too early to pick him up! He has definitely warmed up to being in school.

He's been learning new songs at school and been doing lots of crafts. His most recent works are a wand like from Cinderella's fairy godmother and a triangle, just for fun.


The other day, Jacob came home with one of his school projects, his first attempt to write his name! He's never been much of a pencil/pen/crayon user, so seeing him writing is pretty exciting.


He was very proud of his work.

He's also collecting stickers, something he was never excited about before. He got one for helping clean up and another for rhyming all the words the teacher gave him in a rhyming game. 

Of course, he is glad for Saturday to come, a day without school and with mommy home. We have fun adventures on the weekend too. I'm just glad that school is a fun adventure too.

No comments:

Post a Comment