Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sleepless, Mindless, Blogless

I swear I'll start blogging about our America trip soon...soon as there's a free evening!

Jacob and Lucy fell asleep last night between 10:30 and 11. Tonight it was between 10 and 10:30, so things are moving in the right direction. Hopefully Wednesday will be over the hump day for us.

Stephen Mangan/Dirk Gently
Not having energy to write a blog tonight (which is a nifty little paradox), I watched the third episode of the BBC's Dirk Gently TV series. Yes, it's based on Douglas Adams's less famous novels about a holistic detective investigating whatever comes his way. I read them back in the day and barely remember any details from them. The show was pretty entertaining, though starting with the third episode meant that it took ten minutes to figure out who was who in the cast of character. It was more than amusing enough. The twists were nice and not predictable and I laughed several times. I'd have watched earlier episodes, but they've all expired on the BBC's iPlayer. Hopefully they will show up again in the future and I can watch them. And yes, the series was only three episodes long. I think that's pretty common on UK broadcasting. If you run across it at a video rental store (if you can still find one) or live streaming, definitely check it out. Silly but fun, which is what we love here.

No comments:

Post a Comment