Saturday, August 2, 2014

More Chartreuse Drinks

I finally tried out some of the other Chartreuse cocktails I mentioned on a previous post. Here's what I found...

Green Glacier ingredients
GREEN GLACIER from here
2 ounces brandy
3/4 ounce green Chartreuse
1/2 ounce white creme de cacao
2 dashes Angostura bitters
Stir with ice. Strain into chilled cocktail glass.

While this seemed on paper like it would work well, in practice it was not a drink worth drinking. In fact, I did not finish it. The white creme de cacao seemed to curdle a little bit in the mixture. The flavors did not blend well and wound up being unpleasant to me.

FLAMING DRAGON from here
1 oz. Green Chartreuse
1 oz. Bacardi 151 Rum
Mix together and light on fire. Let the drink sit for about 10 sec. Blow out (optional according to the web site, though I don't see how you can drink it if it's still on fire, especially if you, like me, have facial hair).

It's certainly entertaining to make this drink. Burning off the alcohol helps cut the bite. The taste is nice but this is definitely more of a show drink than a serious drink. It makes a nice flame:



I've concocted my own drink for which I need to make up a name.

1 oz. Green Chartreuse
7 oz. ginger ale

This is a tasty blend of flavors bringing out the best of the Chartreuse and the ginger ale. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment